Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Formulating a Curriculum

Here are the ideas I have come up with so far for Gabriel's preschooling experience:

A workbook called "Everything for Early Learning" (has all kinds of math readiness, reading readiness, etc activities that are fun)....also looking into other workbooks.

Themed coloring sheets for each week (bugs one week, cars another week, etc)

Trips to the zoo (frequent...we are members)

Baking activities (to learn measuring, mixing, pouring, etc)

Crafts (need easy ideas because I am not a "craftsy" kind of person)

Lots and lots of outdoor free play (weather permitting) to develop physical prowess.

I'm particularly looking for things we can do that are fun play for them but I can incorporate learning into easily.

2 comments:

  1. Get a bag of potting soil and cut a large rectangle out of one flat end. Instant garden box. I need to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good except I'd be worried about the plastic trapping in too much heat and not draining well enough. Ideas?

    ReplyDelete