Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Preschool Workbook

I picked up a workbook today at Wal Mart, by American Education Publishing called "Everything for early learning Preschool." It covers reading readiness, math readiness, sizes and shapes, numbers, letters and sounds. It also includes reward stickers. I figure I will give that a try this summer and who knows, maybe Blondie will even be ready for kindergarten in the fall. He has a LOT of catching up to do even now, as he doesn't know numbers, letters, shapes, or very many colors. His mother did not enroll him anywhere and I want him to still get an education.

I am hoping doing something like this through the summer will help me get a better feel for homeschooling and for Blondie's needs. I'm sure it is a whole different ballgame from being homeschooled to doing the homeschooling.

3 comments:

  1. In my experience, a lot of the workbooks out there fo early childhood are not at the right level for the average pre-k kid. I've got some materials I could share with you if you'd like. And a couple websites, maybe you've come across them: Childcare Land and StarFall. CL has free printables and SF is computer-based learning for letters and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I will take any materials I can get. I have a month left to get my summer curriculum together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get DH to help me burn a CD. I hate buying books at full price, so I check out Mardel's sale area in the back. Also, if you ever need anything laminated, they charge only $.25/foot. You can also find useful things at Dollar Tree just before school starts up in fall.

    ReplyDelete